Kaelyn has been showing a LOT of interest in school and I think it’s GREAT since she starts kindergarten this coming fall. Recently her teenage sister was suspended for the next upcoming week (a whole ‘nother story) and Kaelyn wanted her own schoolwork to do with her. So I knew this awesome woman I met was homeschooling her pre-schooler, so I hopped over to her blog Royal Baloo and from there zipped along to various other homeschooling websites.
I’ve started making her a “Lapbook” for Monday on the topic she chose from http://www.preschoolpost.com/ — BUTTERFLIES! I’m changing it up a bit because their letter to go with it was U and when we started talking she was a little confused… and actually asked me why they were using “the second letter and not this one” (pointing at “b”. When I showed her the written word BUTTERFLY.
Letter/Color Worksheets (these words are in dotted print to trace and have the pictures in italics):
- B is for a lot! (banjo, box, butterfly, Bb, binoculars)
- Beautiful Butterfly (butterfly)
- Kaelyn can sign B (a hand signing B in ASL)
- B is for Boy (sketch figure boy)
- B is for Blue &
- B is for Brown
Number/Shape Worksheets (these words are in dotted print to trace and have the pictures in italics
- Four 4 (domino showing 3/1 pips)
- Square (4 large, 4 medium, & 4 small squares)
- Stretchy counting caterpillar (folded accordion style and numbers show when you stretch him
- Matching/Counting cards (with a chrysalis & 3 types of butterflies on them)
- Shake and sing “What do I see?” and name the animal & color.
- Someone asks “I spy something RED. etc.” Shake it till you find the Red Bird, etc.
- For on the road, we can shake it and pic the color that comes up and find matching things around us.