This will make a THICK, heaped dressing. Feel free to use 2 baking dishes and FREEZE one! Just thaw in fridge over night and start at step 5 to bake.
- DOUBLE recipe of Old Fashioned Corn Bread with herb add-ins (Recipe follows), cooled
- 1-2 cups preferred flavor stock/broth
- 1 bag/2 cups frozen seasoning blend (or equivalent amount of onions, bell peppers, and celery), sautéed in light olive oil
- 2 eggs, well beaten
Directions (put gloves on and use your hands… it’s SO much easier!):
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cut corn bread into large chunks and crumble lightly in a large bowl.
- Add in seasoning blend, eggs, and enough broth/stock to make a moist but not wet dressing. Mix well.
- Gently pat into a 13×9 baking dish, liberally coated with non-stick spray.
- Cover tightly with foil and bake at 350° for 30 minutes; then remove foil and bake until top is slightly crispy and browning.
Old Fashioned Corn Bread
- 1 cup Yellow Plain Corn Meal
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 tbsp suger
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 1/4 cups milk
Herb Add-ins for Corn Bread dressing (dry/ground):
- ½-1 tsp sage
- ½-1 tsp poultry seasoning
- ½-1 tsp thyme
- ½-1 tsp parsley flakes
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Spray an 8-inch square baking pan with cooking spray.
- Measure corn meal into mixing bowl with other dry ingredients.
- Beat together egg, oil and milk.
- Stir into dry ingredients until thoroughly mixed.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.