I’m starting on Weight Watchers so I’m scouring the web for healthy recipes that I can make even better! Ree Drummond, The Pioneer Woman, had a vegetarian chili that I change up based on what was in my pantry, and took any high points ingredients out. As of right now I’m calculating that one cup = 3.5 PP. My husband had 2 cups and I had 1-1.5 so calculate accordingly. The Nutritional value below is a TWO CUP serving.
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 C diced mixed peppers
- 2 whole carrots, peeled And diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 Jalapeno, finely diced
- 1 lg zucchini , diced (approx 2 cups)
- 3 cups broth (use your favorite)
- 1 can condensed tomato soup
- 1 can (10 Ounce) Ro-tel
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt (I also added Tony’s as well)
- 1 tsp ground oregano
- 1 Tbsp ground cumin
- 2 Tbsp chili powder
- 3 cans seasoned black beans (Bush’s or great value)
- Saute all vegetables together in the olive oil.
- Add spices to toast.
- Add in broth, tomato products and beans.
- Simmer until all veggies are cooked through and it is to your desired thickness.
Serving Size: 2 cups
Number of Servings: 6
WWPP per 2 cup serving: 7
1 cup serving: 3.5 WWPP
Add these toppings at 1PP each!
- 1 tablespoon of your favorite shredded cheese
- 1 tablespoon regular sour cream
- 2 tablespoons of low fat sour cream