I assume these got their name because you can cook them over any kind of heat source and have yourself an awesome dinner of whatever you can toss in. Tonight we used the following, but grab your favorite in season veggie and favorite meat to create your own!
- pork chops (thin-med cut, not too thick)
- orange cauliflower
- “baby” carrots (I precook these about 1/2 way)
- potatoes, sliced thin (1/2″ or so)
- purple onion, thin half moons
- butter pats (we actually forgot this tonight…)
- seasonings to taste
- ice cubes (small or 1/2 cubes)
- Foil sheets
- Pan Spray
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Each person gets a foil sheet, sprayed with pan spray
- Lay chop in the center of the sheet, season lightly
- Layer vegetables on top of the chop, seasoning as you want
- Put one pat of butter and one ice cube on top center
- Lift the long sides of the foil sheet and roll to seal, then roll each end up to seal. Try to make it air tight so it doesn’t leak. This is baked with no pans! (Yay! Less dishes!!)
- Bake directly on the rack for 30-45 minutes, depending on the thickness of your chops. It’s important to cook it well done as everything touches.
- Remove from oven and snip one corner and drain excess moisture.
- Tear one end off and dump it onto your dosh and enjoy!
Halie and I made a side of cucumbers and tomatoes with vinegar and pepper like her nanny used to make. Delicious!