Update to this recipe, faithful few.
1. I now add the herb seasonings to the cornbread recipe, as well as the sauted seasoning blend, and bake it in.
2. Then I cube and dry the bread with a towel over it overnight in the fridge..
3. Then I start at step 3, minus seasoning blend.
the herbs really permeate the bread and ithe flavor goes up 10,000x!!
This will make a THICK, heaped dressing. Feel free to use 2 baking dishes and FREEZE one! Just thaw in fridge over night and start at step 5 to bake.
- DOUBLE recipe of Old Fashioned Corn Bread with herb add-ins (Recipe follows), cooled
- 1-2 cups preferred flavor stock/broth
- 1 bag/2 cups frozen seasoning blend (or equivalent amount of onions, bell peppers, and celery), sautéed in light olive oil
- 2 eggs, well beaten
Directions (put gloves on and use your hands… it’s SO much easier!):
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cut corn bread into large chunks and crumble lightly in a large bowl.
- Add in seasoning blend, eggs, and enough broth/stock to make a moist but not wet dressing. Mix well.
- Gently pat into a 13×9 baking dish, liberally coated with non-stick spray.
- Cover tightly with foil and bake at 350° for…
View original post 124 more words